Reading Notes– PDE Ramayana C

(Image: Vali's Death Source: Wikipedia)

Reading Notes:

There are several stories that I'm interested in pursuing this week. I'm considering continuing the romantic comedy story of Rama and Sita. Another story I'd like to do is a National Geographic style story involving an animal from the Ramayana. 

Sugriva presents a good opportunity to write a nature documentary type of story. His brother Vali could be the predator in the story. I could describe the forest land that acts as the habitat for Sugriva and his family. Rama could also be written as a predator-type character, as he ambushes Vali. 

It seems as though Rama's attack on Vali is a much-discussed piece of text. I would be interested in analyzing different arguments as to why Rama attacked Vali. It would be a fun way to learn about the honor code in the Ramayana.  

The monkey race is known as Vanars. This race has a distinct homeland and societal hierarchy. More good stuff for nature doc type story. 

Now bears have been introduced– this could be an interesting addition to the nature doc story: how the bears interact with the monkey-kingdom and how they fight together. Jatayu the vulture could be added to this as well. 

Hanuman is a cool character to read about because he may have influenced the character Sun Wukong, a popular Chinese legend and cartoon character who I grew up watching. I'd like to write about his adventures in Lanka and maybe insert some side characters from the Sun Wukong story.

Sita and Ravana's chapter adds some more layers to the romantic comedy story. 

The story has quite a dramatic ending, but I suppose I will have to wait to read the big battle scene. As of now, I'm still split between continuing the romantic comedy story or trying the nature doc story, but I think that both will be fun!

Source:

http://ouocblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/ramayana-online-public-domain-edition.html

Comments