Lab, Week 10: Michrofiction

(Image: Tiny Book Source: Special Collection)

Two Sentence Story:

(Author's note: I've been stuck in my apartment for several days now, and I've started to appreciate the effect isolation has on me. It's made me think about all the times I've hesitated this semester, which is my last at OU. I'm going to try to take more chances when this is all over.)

Isolation

Taking turns making glances. Never really taking chances. 

(Author's note: I've been wanting to write a story about the relationship between General MacArthur and Emperor Showa after WW2. MacArthur was sent to rebuild Japan after the atomic bombings and Japanese surrender. I think the dynamic between an American general and a man who has lived his life as a deity would be really interesting. I haven't put pen to paper yet, but I would like the story to start like this.)

Hint Fiction:

He buried her bodies with others, his sister, and brother, and the rest of his family. Sunlight didn't shine on their tombstones. 


Comments