Reading Notes Rama's Quest 2

(Image: Rama defeats Ravana Source: Youngisthan)

Reading Notes: This reading was pretty short, but I enjoyed revisiting the final battle between Rama and Ravana! I'm thinking of writing a match up story between all of the different warriors on either side of the conflict (kind of like the cricket story that I want to write about the Kurukshetra). This story allowed me to review the major players in the battle like Ravana's brother and Sugriva.

The story begins with one of the manipulation episodes between Ravana and Sita. It's abundantly clear to me know that Ravana isn't attracted to Sita but simply wants to torment her for Rama's sake. 

Kumbhakarna's entrance is so cool, his backstory is fascinating. It would be pretty dark, but it might be interesting to do a cooking story where Kumbhakarna's the chef! He would just cook anything he sees and call it a meal. 

Ravana's strange compulsion to compliment Rama to Kumbhakarna is pretty strange– what does his honesty say about Ravana to the audience?

Kumbhakarna's actual effect of the battle is somewhat bland considering how much he was hyped up. 

I've just realized that none of the major heroes die! That might be an interesting shift for a story to take. 

I still find it so strange that Rama briefly falls out of love with Sita. This story goes into more detail about how Sita wins him back, which I appreciated. 



Comments